Who can I contact to learn more about this work?
The project is led by the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges in partnership with the Professional Record Standards Body. For more information about this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Academy please email Max Prangnell, Director of Communications (email@example.com). For more information about PRSB, please email Helene Feger, Director of Communications and Strategy (Helene.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who can I contact if I am having difficulty?
The platform is provided by our independent partners, Clever Together. If you’re having difficulty using the platform, or experience any problems, please email them directly at email@example.com - they'll respond promptly.
How does the platform for the online conversation work?
The platform works like a bit like a physical conversation or workshop, but unlike a typical physical conversation the online workshop uses a digital crowdsourcing approach - a virtual room in which all eligible participants can join in from any internet-connected device to have their voice heard, over a three week period, any time day or night.
Participants will be asked to enter some basic information through a gateway survey before being asked to discuss their views on X thematic questions. Participants will be asked to share their ideas anonymously on the platform. They will also be able to view, comment upon and vote for the ideas and evidence shared by others.
Will my comments on the platform be anonymous?
Any contributions you submit in the discussion platform will be visible to others taking part in the conversation. However, your personal details will not be visible on the platform - your information will not be shown next to any of your ideas, comments or votes. This means your ideas will be treated by other participants based on their merit, not based on who you are.
Why do we have to fill out a questionnaire?
The reason we ask a limited number of ‘gateway’ questions is to enable us to carry out rigorous analysis of your feedback looking for trends, for example in relation to sector, specialty, age or geography.
How is the online conversation analysed?
All contributions, no matter how large or small, will be downloaded by Clever Together who will then develop an iterative coding frame and use qualitative thematic analysis to identify key themes and trends and produce a detailed report over the summer.
Will anybody within my organisation know if I take part in the online workshop?
The online debates are managed by Clever Together and no one will be able to identify you, not even the Clever Together team unless you share any personal, abusive or offensive content. We welcome uncomfortable and controversial ideas but personal, abusive or offensive content will not be tolerated and Clever Together will contact you if this is the case. Clever Together work independently and will not share instances when they have had to contact users.
What will you do with my personal data?
We can use the platform to automatically send emails to contributors, for example if we would like to hear more about an idea you have submitted or if we need to merge your idea with a similar idea on the platform. This email will be automatically generated via the system, no-one will know who the system is emailing in this regard unless you choose to come forward.
As part of the gateway questionnaire, you will be asked you wish to be contacted and kept informed about this piece of work. We will not use your details for any other purpose and all contact details will be destroyed with 6 months of the project closing.
How will the conversation be moderated?
This online workshop is being facilitated by an independent organisation called Clever Together. In order to facilitate the conversation the team may need to:
- merge some ideas that have similar content. When two ideas are merged, all votes and comments are transferred to the new idea and the title may be reworded to better capture its essence.
- split some ideas that contain discuss multiple topics in one post. If your post contains more than one idea, the facilitation team may choose to break the post up into multiple posts and submitted them into relevant streams.
What are the site / conversation rules?
The rules are simple:
- Personal comments, either by naming individuals, or comments which make identifying individuals possible should not be made and will be taken down by Clever Together, the site moderators.
- Abusive or offensive content will not be tolerated and Clever Together will contact you if this is the case.
- Clever Together work independently and will not share instances when they have had to contact users.
- The platform is intended to be an open and transparent platform for any staff member to comment on the values and behaviours they want in the trust. No comments will be removed because moderators do not like them or they are perceived to be in bad taste. They will only be removed if they are deemed abusive or offensive.
- If you don’t like a comment or idea which you think is in bad taste, just hit the thumbs down button!